When you think of a honeymoon in Thailand, you probably imagine beautiful beaches, stunning temples, and luxurious resorts. Krabi offers all of this and more, creating a perfect setting for an unforgettable holiday or honeymoon. Curious? Discover what makes Krabi a must-visit destination for couples with this comprehensive travel guide.
Whether you’re a nature lover or an adventure enthusiast, Krabi has something for everyone. From exploring limestone cliffs and lush jungles to diving into gin-clear waters and discovering hidden waterfalls, your honeymoon or holiday in Krabi will be a truly unforgettable experience.
The best part? Unlike some other honeymoon spots in Asia, Krabi allows you to escape the crowds and enjoy a more intimate experience. So pack your bags and prepare for a romantic and adventurous getaway in this tropical paradise.
Why choose Krabi for your honeymoon?
Krabi is an ideal destination for honeymooners for several reasons. For starters, its natural beauty is unparalleled. The dramatic limestone cliffs jutting from the region’s turquoise waters create a unique and breathtaking landscape that will leave you in awe. Krabi also offers a variety of activities and experiences perfect for those seeking relaxation, adventure, or a little of both.
For honeymooners and couples looking to enjoy time together in paradise, Krabi provides a perfect blend of luxury and authenticity — with a more low-key vibe than some neighbouring tourist hotspots.
The accommodations in Krabi range from luxurious beachfront resorts to secluded private villas, ensuring you’ll find the perfect setting for your romantic getaway.
At the same time, Krabi retains its local charm and offers opportunities to immerse yourself in the rich Thai culture, from trying traditional cuisine to exploring local markets and temples.
In short, Krabi is a destination that caters to most couple’s desires, ensuring you can enjoy a perfect balance between natural beauty, luxury, romance and cultural experiences.
Best time to visit Krabi
When you plan your holiday or honeymoon in Krabi, it’s important to consider the ideal time to visit to ensure the best weather and avoid the peak tourist seasons.
The best time to visit Krabi is during the dry season, which typically runs from November to April. During this period, you can expect clear skies, calm waters, and pleasant temperatures, making it perfect for outdoor exploration and beach activities.
It’s important to keep in mind that Krabi’s peak tourist season runs from December to February. If you’re looking for a more peaceful and personalised experience, then you may want to visit during the off-peak months of November and March or April when the weather is still pleasant but the crowds are thinner.
On the other hand, if you’re a fan of lush greenery and don’t mind occasional rain showers, visiting during the off-peak season from May to October can offer more affordable prices and fewer tourists. Just be prepared for the occasional downpour and plan your activities accordingly
For the best travel experience in Krabi, consider your priorities: weather, crowds, or budget.
Activities and experiences for couples in Krabi
Krabi offers a wide range of attractions that will captivate the hearts of honeymooners. Here are just some of the must-visit destinations and things to see and do in and around Krabi:
Explore postcard-ready beaches
Another essential experience for an unforgettable honeymoon, Krabi’s beaches really are the stuff of screensavers so you’ll probably find yourselves spending a lot of time on them.
A favourite with romantics, Railay Beach (10 minutes southwest of Krabi Town) is where you’ll find towering limestone cliffs, turquoise waters, sugar-white sand and whimsical caves. And with only long-tail boats and footpaths to help you access the beach (don’t expect to find any roads or cars here), you’ll feel as if you’ve stepped into a tropical oasis.
Another delightful option, Ao Nang Beach (20 minutes southwest of Krabi Town) has plenty to win over beach-lovers. Here, breezy beachfront bars and restaurants serve up delicious Thai fare with a side of breathtaking water views – cheers to that! Take it easy during the day or stick around until nightfall to enjoy Ao Nang Beach’s (pictured above) lively nightlife scene.
Not content to spend your whole honeymoon in Krabi? With the picturesque Phi Phi Islands just a scenic long-tail boat- or speedboat-ride away, island-hopping is an unmissable experience.
Known for their verdant jungles, blindingly white sands, sheltered waters, huge limestone formations and excellent snorkelling, the ‘jewels of the Andaman Sea’ (as they’re known) were famously featured in the 2000 Leonardo DiCaprio film The Beach. There are plenty of local tour groups that will take you to the islands for a day-trip that’s utterly fantastic.
There’s more to do in Krabi than chill out at the beach (though we wouldn’t blame you if you did plenty of that). Rock-climbing is big here, with almost countless craggy limestone cliffs challenging adrenalin-junkies and couples seeking an exhilarating experience.
If rock-climbing isn’t your thing, there’s also zip-lining through the jungle, cycling and whitewater-rafting on offer in Krabi. Or, for something a little more relaxed, join a local group for a kayaking tour through hidden bays and mangrove forests. You’ll spot fascinating wildlife like monkeys and lizards while weaving past quiet canyons and groves.
Related article: Adventurous Pursuits for Couples Visiting Thailand
Visit a temple
No matter your ‘honeymoon style’, visiting a local temple is something all couples should do in Thailand. Commonly known as ‘Tiger Cave Temple’, Wat Tham Sua looks out over Krabi’s magical landscapes, affording stop-you-in-your-tracks 360-degree views.
You’ll have to climb roughly 1,200 steps to reach the incredible sight but it’s well worth the effort. At the top, you’ll also discover a giant golden Buddha, plus a temple complex where monks live and worship.
Looking for something a little less challenging? Make your way to Krabi’s wonderful old town. Situated near quaint bars, eating spots and markets, the Wat Kaew temple boasts marvellous Thai architecture and beautifully intricate.
Indulge in a little pampering
The finishing touch to a fabulous honeymoon, a spa treatment is sure to get you feeling rejuvenated before you return home and many resorts in Krabi offer their own spa.
Tucked away in the Thung Teao Forest Natural Park, Emerald Pool is a mineral pool where you can, quite simply, soak your troubles away.
Also perfect for couples, the Klong Thom Hot Springs in Khao Phra Bang Khram Nature Reserve is well worth a visit. With mineral salts believed to ease ailments like rheumatism, this lovely spot is like nature’s day spa.
Tips for planning your honeymoon in Krabi
Here are some tips to help you design a memorable trip:
- Research and prioritise: With so many attractions and activities available, it’s important to research and prioritise the ones that interest you most. Make a list of must-visit places and experiences, and research their availability (opening hours/days) and accessibility to ensure you don’t miss a thing.
- Balance relaxation and adventure: Krabi offers a perfect balance between relaxation and adventure. Plan your itinerary to include both laidback beach days and exciting activities such as snorkelling, kayaking, or rock climbing.
- Consider transportation: Krabi has a well-connected transportation system, but it’s still important to consider how you’ll get around. Renting a scooter or hiring a private driver can give you the freedom to explore at your own pace.
- Allow for downtime: It’s important to make time for relaxation and quality time with your partner during your honeymoon. Try to book a romantic resort in Krabi (romantic doesn’t have to be expensive in Thailand – the value for accommodation is fabulous!). Appreciate each other’s company in the stunning surroundings. This can include leisurely strolls along the beach, intimate dinners by the sea, or simply unwinding in the comfort of your accommodation.
By considering your itinerary in advance, you can make the most of your time in Krabi and ensure a stress-free honeymoon experience.
Accommodation options in Krabi
Of course, accommodation is one of the main things to consider when planning a honeymoon and Krabi certainly delivers.
Whether you’re looking for a charming colonial-style retreat, a beachfront resort, a modern and stylish hotel, or a luxurious jungle-luxe escape, Krabi has something to suit every couple’s preferences and budget. From secluded eco escapes and boutique villas to lavish beachfront resorts with private pools, you’ll find a wide range of accommodation choices in Krabi that promise to make your honeymoon unforgettable.
Must-try local cuisine in Krabi
No honeymoon in Krabi is complete without indulging in the tantalising flavours of traditional Thai cuisine. Here are some must-try dishes and local specialties:
- Tom Yum Goong: This iconic Thai soup is a spicy and sour delight. Made with shrimp, lemongrass, lime leaves, and chilli, it’s a burst of flavours that will awaken your tastebuds.
- Massaman Curry: A rich and fragrant curry made with tender beef, potatoes, and peanuts. The combination of spices and creamy coconut milk creates a harmony of flavours that will leave you wanting more.
- Pad Thai: A classic Thai stir-fried noodle dish that needs no introduction. Made with rice noodles, shrimp or chicken, bean sprouts, and crushed peanuts, Pad Thai is a crowd-pleaser.
- Mango Sticky Rice: A heavenly dessert made with ripe mangoes, sticky rice, and coconut milk. The combination of sweet and creamy flavours makes it the perfect ending to a delicious meal.
These are just a few examples of the many mouthwatering dishes you can try in Krabi. Don’t be afraid to explore the local markets and street food stalls to discover hidden culinary gems.
To ensure a memorable honeymoon in Krabi, here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Pack essentials: Remember to pack essentials such as sunscreen, insect repellent, and comfortable footwear. The tropical climate and outdoor activities make these items essential for a comfortable trip.
- Respect the local culture: Thailand is known for its rich cultural heritage, so respecting local customs and traditions is important. Dress modestly when visiting temples, remove your shoes when entering someone’s home, and be mindful of cultural sensitivities.
- Stay hydrated: Krabi’s warm and humid climate can be dehydrating, so drink plenty of water throughout the day. Drinking tap water is not recommended in Thailand, but bottled water is readily available.
- Capture the memories: Krabi offers countless photo opportunities, from stunning sunsets to picturesque landscapes, so remember a good camera or a charged-and-ready smartphone.
- Relax and enjoy: Remember to relax and enjoy each other’s company. Honeymoons are about creating memories and celebrating your love, so take the time to connect and savour every moment in Krabi.
Creating lifelong memories in Krabi, Thailand
Krabi is a dream destination for couples in search of a romantic escape or a memorable honeymoon. With its stunning natural landscapes, luxurious hotels, and a wide range of activities, Krabi offers the perfect setting to create unforgettable moments together. Whether you’re strolling along secluded beaches, savouring the flavours of delicious Thai cuisine, or simply unwinding by the pool, every second spent in Krabi is bound to be enchanting. Immerse yourselves in the vibrant local culture, embrace the warm hospitality of the locals, and forge honeymoon or holiday memories that will endure a lifetime.