While many view Las Vegas as a hedonistic, party destination, it actually has a smorgasbord of charms that make it great for honeymoons!
Check out these reasons why you should consider making your way to this infamous desert destination after your wedding.
1) Dine with a view. See the twinkling lights of Vegas from over 240 metres high at the Stratosphere Casino, Hotel and Tower, home to the Top of the World Restaurant. It rotates as you savour gourmet fare, giving you a 360 degree view of Vegas.
2) Tumbling dice. Act like you’re in a James Bond film and head to a glamorous casino for an evening. Set a budget before you go so you don’t spend too much – or don’t spend at all, and simply have fun observing and soaking up the glitz with your loved one.
3) Luxury. Las Vegas is known for its opulence and many of the hotels are dripping with elegance and excess. Treat yourself and your significant other to an over the top, want-for-nothing stay at a glamorous Vegas hotel. Enjoy the Champagne on ice, delectable in-room dining options and heavenly bath and bed.
4) Pamper yourself. Your hotel will likely have its own lush spa facilities, where you can receive massages, facials and beauty treatments. You’ll also find various spa facilities throughout the city, so why limit yourself to just one? After all, it’s your honeymoon!
5) Entertainment galore. If there’s one thing readily available in Las Vegas, it’s entertainment. Shows, concerts, circus acts and various other extravaganzas are on offer day and night. Many famous singers have open residencies and are regular acts, so in 2014 you could catch stars like Britney Spears, Shania Twain and Rod Stewart performing! There’s also the famous Vegas Cirque du Soleil, intriguing magician acts, hypnotists, Broadway shows and endless other entertainment options. If you feel like leaving your luscious hotel, you will never run out of things to do or see.
6) Lake Mead. Take a romantic paddle over Lake Mead, a large man-made lake only 30 minutes drive away from the main Vegas strip. You can sunbathe on the beach, zoom around on the back of a jetski, paddle in the shallows or go hiking in the surrounding desert. Be sure to explore as much of this fascinating landscape as you can. Bring a picnic and check out what’s on offer.
7) The night life. If you and your loved one are of the nocturnal kind, why not head out to some of the bars and clubs famous for their celebrity visitors and crazy antics? You’ll be able sample some out-of-this-world cocktails and enjoy the hottest DJs.
8) A gondola ride. At the Venetian hotel, you can ride through the canals as you are serenaded by a musician. Second only to the actual Italian experience, you can experience a little bit of European romance on your trip to Vegas.
9) Visit the Vegas Eiffel Tower. Once again, transport yourself to Vegas by visiting its very own Eiffel Tower. Share a smooch beneath it and take some pictures to add a touch of magic to your experience.
10) Get married. Okay, so it’s your honeymoon and you’re already married, but there’s nothing like the experience of visiting a little white Vegas wedding chapel. Perhaps you could renew your vows instead? You can have your very own Elvis celebrant or even experience a drive-thru wedding! Find out more about marrying in vegas with Great Destination Weddings