If you're lucky enough to be treated to a weekend away, short break or couples' getaway in this divine region of Queensland any time soon, be sure to swing by one (or all) of these highly recommended establishments and tantalise your tastebuds with a delicious dining experience. It's the perfect complement to a romantic escape for two!
1. Freshly made pasta and home-made pizzas served in an al-fresco setting at La Tabella - a gourmet feast for two!
2. The flavoursome and exquisite Moroccan cuisine at Cha'mah. Who says you have to leave the country to taste exotic cuisine?
3. A fresh hungry sailor's feed at the Whitsunday Sailing Club might be a casual feast for two, but it's perfectly delicious all the same.
4. The combination of fish and rum at Airlie's bustling fish café, Fish D'vine, is something no couple should miss.
5. A degustation menu coupled with live music and unforgettable views at Déjà Vu Restaurants's famous long lunch.
6. One&Only Hayman Island – this luxury resort is currently closed and will re-open on 1 July. The famous Chef's table will stay and is an absolute must! Did you know the resort had its own chocolate room?
7. Long Pavillion, qualia, Hamilton Island – At qualia, Executive Chef Alastair Waddell will create the finest in gourmet cuisine. Book a private 'talk and taste' event and be swept away by an unforgettable culinary journey.
8. The hand-made pizzas, delicious tapas and a lazy front row view of the Airlie Beach lagoon at Mr Bones - pure relaxation, Whitsundays style.
9. Arabon Seafoods – for freshly caught seafood, head to Bowen's marina. Coupled with award-winning beaches and stunning views this makes for a romantic day trip from Airlie Beach.
10. A romantic dinner at Daydream Island's Mermaids Beach or Lover's Cove – illuminated by flaming torches, the moon and the stars, it's the ideal way for honeymooners or lovers to end the day.
Thanks to tourismwhitsundays.com.au for the suggestions - what great choices. After all, there is nothing quite like an intimate dinner to get you in the mood for romance.
[image: Tourism Queensland - Hayman Island]