Whether you're experienced artists or curious to learn more about this cool new form of artistic expression, the all new Australian Body Art Festival has something for everyone. Learn, observe or just soak up the creative vibe at the Sunshine Coast arts hub of Eumundi on Friday 16 to Sunday 18 October.
The event will encompass a program of workshops, competitions, exhibitions and a Saturday evening arts jam in the style of the 'Warhol Factory'. The 2015 theme is POP Trashion – a milleu of the Neo Warhol movement meshed with enviro fashion style, calling for participants to use a human canvas to reinvent fashion. This year's event is all about eco-chic and upcycling.
Program highlights include:
- Up close and personal with Emma Hack, one of the leaders in the body painting movement
- Have a go beginners workshop with Nina Neher, recognised artist and local resident
- Airbrush Intensive with Symon Molony
- Spotlight on Special FX with Juliet Bradford, special effects maestro
- Wearable Art Workshop with Peter Dwyer, fashion designer, stylist and master of wearable art
There are also a number of competitions to participate in such as the Wearable Art, Face Painting, Special Effects and Photography Competitions.
Discover more about the Australian Body Art Festival.