Scoot has just announced that all Australian routes will be operated exclusively by Boeing 787 Deamliners, commencing tomorrow, May 1.
This change comes as the Dreamliners have extra comfy seats, a new and more refreshing cabin environment, new features such as inflight Internet and in-seat power, all while retaining their unbeatable airfares.
Scoot's third 787 "Inspiring Spirit" will commence serving the Gold Coast starting tomorrow, Perth and Sydney are already serviced by 787's, and Melbourne flights will commence in November. Outside Australia, Scoot's Hong Kong and Bangkok routes are already operated by the 787 Dreamliners.
With more 787's entering service in the coming months, the frequency of flights will also increase. Sydney and Perth services will increase to daily and Gold Coast flights will increase to five times weekly. From November 1, Melbourne flights will also increase to five times weekly to provide more options for travellers looking for a cheap but not nasty getaway.
With any great news comes a party to celebrate! Scoot are having a 787 celebration sale with flights from Australia to Singapore from AU$129, and ScootBiz from AU$299. Fares are one-way excluding taxes and surcharges.
Related article: Scoot is Named Winner of Best Low Cost Airline Award
- Perth to Singapore: 1st May – 31st May
- Gold Coast to Singapore: 15th July – 15th September
- Sydney to Singapore: 15th October – 30th November
- Melbourne to Singapore: 1st November – 30th November
- Perth (GMT+8): From 0000 hrs, 30th April to 2359 hrs, 3rd May
- Gold Coast, Sydney, Melbourne (GMT+10): From 0200 hrs, 30th April to 0159 hrs, 4th May
787 routes & commencement dates
- Perth: February 5 2015
- Hong Kong: February 6 2015
- Sydney: March 9 2015
- Bangkok (Don Mueang): April 28 2015
- Gold Coast: May 1 2015
- Kaohsiung: July 9 2015
- Melbourne: November 1 2015
Scoot have once again raised the bar for budget travel which means more competition and good for all. Bravo Scoot!