Peppers Cradle Mountain Lodge is popping the bubbly to celebrate the 21st year of Tasmania's premier culinary event Tastings at the Top on Friday May 15 and Saturday May 16. The event is a two day gourmet food and wine festival, showcasing Tasmania's best fresh produce, making it one of the best festivals of the kind in the country.
Related article: Pure Romance in Tasmania
The event will kick off on Friday with a welcome toast with the illustrious host Peter Bourne (otherwise known as 'The Wine Man'), as well as a scrumptious buffet prepared by Peppers Executive Chef Joshua Hamilton.
On Saturday, couples can enjoy food and wine matching tips from Peter Bourne and in the evening, an elegant five course degustation, Tasmania-style.
This is all in celebration of Tasmania's ever-growing food and wine scene with big name wineries on board such as Native Point, Springvale, Clarence House and Heemskerk, as well as food suppliers Barilla Bay Oysters, Spring Bay Scallops and Cape Grim Beef.
Peppers Cradle Mountain Lodge are offering couples a special Tastings at the Top package to take full advantage of the event. The package includes:
- Two night's accommodation
- Full Lodge breakfast Saturday and Sunday
- Lunch on Saturday
- Dinner on Friday and Saturday
- Welcome drinks
- Matched wines as part of the Tastings program
- Entertainment in Tavern Bar & Bistro
- Pencil Pine Cabin from $1598* per couple for 2 nights
- Spa Cabin from $1778* per couple for 2 nights
- Spa Suite from $1998* per couple for 2 nights
- King Billy Suite from $2550* per couple for 2 nights
CONDITIONS: *Starting from. See website for full terms and conditions.
Related article: 10 Must-See Attractions in Tasmania For Honeymooners