What's the best way to enjoy a spectacular Tasmanian honeymoon? Newlyweds can start the journey in style and comfort by hopping onto the Spirit of Tasmania ferry that departs from Melbourne, and sailing at night in a luxurious deluxe cabin, giving ultimate privacy with a queen-size bed, private bathroom, mini-refrigerator and television. When you awake the next morning to land on the Tasmanian shore together, here are the top 10 romantic sights that you can look forward to.
1. While traveling around Coles Bay, charter your own private catamaran tour with the Wineglass Bay Cruises company to get unforgettable views of whales, dolphins, fur seals, albatross birds and breathtaking cliffs along the coastline. The trip is serenely quiet, and you receive a special lunch with fresh, local produce that's served onboard too.
2. Bike lovers shouldn't miss a chance to take the Mount Wellington Descent company's guided bike ride together; the magnificent views and the exhilarating rush of speeding down Hobart's most-popular landmark, Mount Wellington, is just as fun and exciting as falling in love itself. A fully guided tour with bicycles included can take three hours, and they drive you up to the top so that you'll enjoy a lovely cruise down with your sweetheart.
3. In the Lake Saint Claire National Park near Cradle Mountain, you'll discover excellent horseback riding through forests, plains and even along the beach with Cradle Country Adventures. After a long day's ride together, you'll relish spending a secluded evening in the cozy shearer's quarters with nothing but the tranquil countryside surrounding you.
4. Take a personalized tour that lets you spend a day savoring the real taste of one of Tasmania's best exports: wine. Boutique Wine Tours in Hobart offers you exclusive wine tastings at picturesque vineyards in the Coal River Valley or the Huon Valley, and tours can include a refreshing morning tea, a stop at a local chocolatier and lunch with fresh local cheeses, smoked ham and seafood. After this day of culinary delights, you're sure to return to your hotel with exceptional wine for that perfect nightcap.
5. As soon as you get off the ferry in Devonport, head over to Mrs. Jones restaurant to enjoy some fine wine and well-decorated delicacies while gazing across the waves on the nearby beach. It's not just the extensive wine list that impresses either; traditional steaks, vegan and gluten-free meals are also all available to suit a variety of tastes. For the best views, request a table on the sea-facing deck around sunset; then you can walk down to the beach and take an idyllic stroll with your beloved right after your meal.
6. For a night of true indulgence in Hobart, book a reservation at Da Angelo Ristorante on Hamden Road for exceptional Italian dishes like homemade gnocchi and mouth-watering tiramisu.
7. For all those headed to Deloraine to experience the beauty of Liffey Falls, Villarett Gardens is the ideal location to dine among four hectares of immaculately landscaped gardens set among rolling hills. The Villarett Gardens restaurant offers four-course meals, and if you love the atmosphere, you can also stay awhile by renting your own private cottage in a quiet corner of the garden.
8. Staying at the Peppers Cradle Mountain Lodge in Lake St. Clair National Park is a real treat thanks to their Waldheim Alpine Spa that overlooks nothing but sweet-scented pine trees. When honeymooners book the special sanctuary access package, they'll enjoy 75 minutes to have a sauna, hot tub, steam room, cooling plunge pool and relaxation pool all to themselves; plus they get a complimentary bottle of Tasmanian spirits and chocolate-coated strawberries to celebrate fully.
9. Peppers York Cove in George Town is right on Tamar Valley's lovely river, and its stylish and modern deluxe spa room includes a king-size bed, spa tub, separate shower and even heated towel rails. Bliss.
10. The Edge of the Bay Resort in Coles Bay features great views of the Hazard Mountains and is right next to three private beaches; with oceanview suites and quiet, private cottages available, romance finds a happy home here. Take a quick dip in the swimming pool or enjoy a leisurely lunch at one of the many picnic spots.